Tuesday, April 2, 2013

NO CHURCH MOUSE - NOT POOR :-)



Twenty years ago - and I can scarcely believe that so much time has passed, because it seems like yesterday - when our son was a boy - we lived in California, and he had a friend in school, named Paul. 
Paul was good at drawing. His drawings were very funny! I loved them! I told him so! Many times! Till he got the hint and drew me a whole bunch of quirky animals as a gift. Hurray! I still keep them in the same envelope he handed me with the sweetest smile. The mouse is my favorite and I have used it in an enlarged size already several times, on a back pack, and on pouches, and they always got sold immediately - I guess because there is a certain charm to them.




After not sewing a bag for more than three months I enjoyed making this tote. It is very roomy, with a zippered back pocket, a big pocket inside, an additional small one for pens, and of course a key swivel. Red cotton lining. First quality heavy checkered cotton fabric for the outside panels. Mother-of-pearl buttons. Magnetic snap closure.





I am very happy to see it turned out lovely! How about you? You think I am fishing for compliments? You are right! :-)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

איזה סיפור נהדר והתיק כל כך יפה.

Hilde said...

It's absolutely gorgeous, Yael! Beautiful work!
I love the mouse, and what a nice story about it :)

Anonymous said...

Hej Yael,

was für eine gelungene Kreation! Die Tasche mit Pauls Tierreich ist ein echter Hingucker!!!

Liebe Grüße
Beate

Annuk said...

The bag is gorgeous and so cheerful, I love all the little details, and the color combination is fantastic! And what a lovely story behind it! That boy (now man) would love to know that his drawing has made you so happy! (maybe he does?)
Lots of love to you!
Sunny hugs :)

Dies und Das vom Neckarstrand said...

Liebe Yael,
diese Tasche ist wirklich wunderschön. Jedes Detail so liebevoll ausgearbeitet. Da
muss man dir schon ein Kompliment
machen.
Einen schönen Abend wünscht
Irmi

Unknown said...

Love the red & black .. what a PoP .. instantly brings a smile! Love the cute mousie .. mostly the story! How fun! so many wonderful details!

Bravo .. creative lady!!!

zsazsazsu said...

a real designeritem WITH a story!

Dawn of LaTouchables said...

This is absolutely charming! Not only is it well-made and beautiful, it is practical and Fun! Lovely, Yael, and that little boy, a man now...how touching!

TarracoStyle said...

preciosa bolsa. me encanta la combinación de rojo y negro.
besos