Wednesday, February 18, 2015

EXHIBITION OF MY PAINTINGS - So sangen mir die Farben - The way the colors sung to me



In two more days it will be happening! There will be an opening of an exhibition, and the twenty four paintings displayed are mine. I still can scarcely believe it! 
It is less than two years ago, that I started painting. Very small and humble in the beginning, only in a little sketch book. Slowly I got braver and repainted some of the journal entrees in a larger scale. I posted about it here and here and six months later here.



I started to seek information and acquire knowledge from the Internet. How to contrive a consistent body of work, where to find inspiration, how to focus on originality and a recognizable "line", how to welcome the muses when they knock on the spirit door. I learned the properties of acrylic paint, to prepare a canvas, to varnish the finished work, to fix the hanging device, how to find a title and the best way to write it, how to sign, and last but not least how to price a painting.




                                "Gefillte Fish"


I received advice and encouragement from a knowledgeable woman who generously evaluated my labor and said it is art. Yes, well, I got serious with the painting thing. But to approach a gallery? That certainly needs much more courage. A very dear friend had some connection and helped me in that matter. The curator and the manager of the gallery loved my work and they decided on an exhibition date - which now has arrived, it is the day after tomorrow.


I am very excited, please wish me luck! 

All my paintings were professionally photographed by Karin Tal

12 comments:

Bob Bushell said...

Good luck Yael, you are worth it.

aelva said...

Zweifellos ist es so, wie Bob es ausdrückt!!! Ich möchte hinzufügen:"von Herzen", weil das Herz auch immer dabei ist und gerne ein Echo hat :-)

von Herzen also,
aelva

Anonymous said...

Oh ja ganz viel Glück, das wünsche ich dir von Herzen!
Die Vernissage wird bestimmt ein Fest!
Heb's schö
Brigitte

Dies und Das vom Neckarstrand said...

Liebe Yael,
eigentlich ist schon alles gesagt. Aber ich bin wie immer beeindruckt.
Wunderschöne Motive und Farben.
Einen angenehmen Aschermittwoch wünscht Dir
Irmi

Jutta said...

Liebe Yael,

ich drücke Dir ganz fest die Daumen, dass die Vernissage ein großer Erfolg wird.
Mir gefallen Deine Bilder ausgezeichnet. Muster und Farben sind einfach brillant.

Liebe Grüße und Toi,toi,toi
Jutta

Dawn of LaTouchables said...

I will be there in spirit, believe me Yael--this is a GREAT day, and I am proud of you!

wandamarie.blogspot.com said...

oh Yael, I do wish you the very best of luck ever. but your luck has already begun, when you started to paint. this is icing on the cake for something you have worked for. how I wish I could attend. I will be there in SPIRIT, I say...so if you feel a little nudge or hear a little giggle, but don't see where it came from...well...ahem xo

Unknown said...

WoW Yael!! Congratulations!! An exhibition ~ how very exciting!!! You're a natural! That passionate artful soul of your has blossomed!!!

Beautiful!

Tammie Lee said...

This is wonderful! Wish I could visit your show. I wish you a wonderful time and success that makes you smile. Your art is wonderful, happy and interesting.

Hilary said...

Oh excellent.. how exciting! Your work is beautiful.. full of colour and whimsy. I have no doubt you'll do swimmingly (descriptive inspired by your fish piece. Beautiful. Good luck to you.

Friko said...

I am late arriving here but now you can tell me how it all went?

stardust said...

How exciting! Congratulations, Yael. I bet the exhibition must have been a great success. I remember when you started painting, and you've kept me amazed how talented you are. Excuse me for this delayed comment as I don’t go to dashboard, but your lovely comment brought me here to know such a wonderful news. Have happy and creative days, Yeal.

Yoko