Thursday, October 2, 2014

HANDS



Hands - these two here are good, strong, and pretty hands, and belong to two people very close and dear to me!

Hands are always beautiful, young hands, old hands, small hands, big hands, strong hands, fragile hands. 

They are a gorgeous, fantastic, magnificent tool of our body. Yes, they deserve all of these strong words.

Hands are the greatest blessing ever. Hands have a soul of their own - I do believe that.

We can do the best things with our hands, marvelous things, outstanding things, simple things. We can love with them, create with them, comfort with them, sign with them, the list is endless.

They can dance gracefully to music - and without.

They can plant a seed, and they can plant a tree.

They could change the world, if we only could decide never to use them for violence! 

Let us love and cherish our hands. We must be grateful for our hands, we should thank them everyday!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wundervolle Ge-Danken, Yael. Die Hände sind nach der Mimik (?) das ausdrucksstärkste, das uns Menschen zueigen ist, ob als Ausdrucksmittel selbst oder als Werkzeug dafür.

Beate

Dawn of LaTouchables said...

I love the picture of hands--oh, Yael, I'd love to see you paint a picture of hands--it would be magnificent!

...and a lovely short essay on hands you have written. X

wandamarie.blogspot.com said...

I love that your hands wrote this, thank you YAEL'S hands. xo

stardust said...

Dear Yael - The hands that had painted wonderful colorful pictures and had sewed the fascinating handicrafts wrote this lovely tribute to Hands. Generally I like hardworking hands that apparently don’t look beautiful but so in true meaning. I still remember my mother when she was knitting with her chapped hands in winter when I was a little child. Have happy days ahead.

Yoko

Bob Bushell said...

Beautiful hands. The coming together is superb way, cheers Yael.

Tammie Lee said...

I agree, hands are to be cherished.
I sometimes marvel at how hands help one another. wonderful idea for a post.

Friko said...

I wish we would never use our hands for violence; violence destroys all the good that has been built. Hands are only as good and kind as the people they belong to.

I have seen hands raised in anger, they create fear and loathing. Let us make sure that we remember to be kind always.

Natalia Kononova said...

Beautifully said.